Russian Gas Market. Commodity Exchange and Trade 2018
CREON Energy has the pleasure of inviting you to the Third International «Russian Gas Market. Commodity Exchange and Trade 2018» Conference.
Date: May 17-18, 2018
Venue: Kempinski Hotel Moika 22, Saint Petersburg, Russia
The 2017 was marked by the significant achievement: the volume of Gazprom sales through the organized commodity exchange reached 17.5 billion cubic meters, a level permitted by the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation. The total volume of natural gas trading amounted to 21 billion cubic meters last year.
Major efforts were made to develop the system of commodity exchange price indexes at federal and regional levels for 48 Russian regions, which will certainly help in establishing proper market price indicators. One of the steps towards the organized trading is abandoning the regulation of wholesale prices. However, the regulators and the market participants have different views on the liberalization of natural gas prices. The Government discussed various options, including «pilot projects» in the regions that eventually failed to find support from the Ministry of Energy.
One of the issues discussed at the 2017 Conference was the need to develop the gas reselling system. Three months later, SPIMEX approved new trading rules that allowed for secondary trading of gas volumes: another achievement in the development of exchange trade.
However, the market lacks regular, balanced and high-volume trading to increase the liquidity. Large consumers prefer long-term contracts for price reasons though risking serious penalties for failures to accept the gas. At the same time, leading independent producers are often bidding as buyers at the commodity exchange. How should such scenarios be prevented from becoming a rule?
The following topics are offered for discussion:
- How can Gazprom promote efficient operation of commodity exchange?
- Do independent producers need the exchange? What are the incentives that they expect if any? From whom?
- How can the consumers be economically stimulated to participate in the commodity exchange?
- Will Gazprom secure the permission to sell more gas volumes at the exchange?
- The status of Gazprom's regional companies: should it be reviewed?
- What is the situation with traders? Have the conditions for them changed?
- The Supply Chain Operator’s role: analysis and comments.
- Liberalization of natural gas prices: what are the regional pilot projects and the outlook? Who will be the losers and the winners?
We invite all participants of commodity exchange trading to participate in gas market discussions: producers, suppliers, brokers, traders, clearance companies, consumers, representatives of legislative and executive authorities, financial institutions, major commodity exchanges, as well as all stakeholders interested in the development of the commodity exchange market.
To request more information about the upcoming Conference please contact us by phone: +7 (495) 276-77-88, +7 (495) 797-49-07 or e-mail: email@example.com
Conference Director: Anna Nesterova, e-mail Anna.Nesterova@creonenergy.ru